Disabled access can vary from just a grab rail through to a complete concrete ramp or low slip walksure decking
, we have access to all types of aids and can recommend suitable products or your Occupational Therapist (OT) can inform or recommend.
What We Can Do For You
There are several elements to disabled access that at GMC Projects we cater for and these adaptations are all designed to help make life easier for you. Our services include;
- We fit access rails where you need them most; with grab, bannister or step rails.
- We adapt doorways with door fitting, widening door access or lowering thresholds.
- We provide temporary ramps to make access to your building.
- We provide low slip decking
- Our plumbing services tackle, lever taps and extensions to heating systems
- We can help to ease with day to day problems by lowering light switches & raising power sockets
- In the kitchen we can help with minor alterations to kitchen units & sinks
Why Choose GMC Projects
The list above is not exhaustive and there are many adaptations that we can carry out to make life more simple and stress free. We aim to complete work for minor adaptations within 5 working days of agreeing to your request, and we will carry out the work at a time which is most convenient to you within normal working hours. If we cannot complete the work in this time we will explain the reasons, and agree a reasonable time-scale with you.
Your Local Authority and housing associations will also advise you how to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG), to help pay for the work. A DFG is subject to a means test but, if you receive certain types of state benefit or have a low income and savings of less than £6,000, you will probably not have to pay anything towards the cost.
You can find out more about DFG on the DirectGov website.
Art & Textiles Block Refurbishment
The refurbishment of Coombe Dean Art and Technology block had extremely tight programming and delivery times from day one, of which GMC Projects not only thrived, but excelled themselves in achieving the end result. From the tendering process, detail development and through to the on-site installation GMC Projects were found to be highly proficient in achieving a modern and high-end…
Read more ›